Whether you are looking to work only on a personal vehicle or plan to work on several cars a day as a professional, a grease gun will prove to be an invaluable tool in your kit. We think it is a must-have.
A suitable greasing device should operate efficiently, fulfil your needs, and be precise enough. The best 3 oz grease gun will also save you from the nightmare of spills, unpleasant messes, as well as other hassles.
With so many different types on the market, it can be a daunting task to find the one that suits your needs right.
Top 5 Best 3 oz Grease Gun Reviews:
1. K Tool International KTI KTI73930 Grease Gun (Mini Pistol 3 oz)
K Tool is internationally known for high-quality, award-winning products. They have a diverse range that boasts powerful devices that they constantly update and upgrade to fit the modern user. Their ergonomically designed small grease gun is one of the many seamlessly performing tools from their range.
This model has dual discharge ports with a pull-type/pistol mechanism. You would have to operate most grease guns with a pumping action manually, and this one is no different. In fact this mechanism is a beginner friendly feature.
It can deliver up to 3500 PSI, which is great for a small grease gun. So this is an excellent choice if your power source is limited or is a portable device. We recommend this device if you are looking for a high-capacity tool and do not require easy precision. It can get messy if you don’t know how to operate power tools, though, so make sure you can handle it properly.
This model comes with a 4-inch steel coupler, so you need not worry about purchasing an additional unit. The coupler extension is stiff, so if you need a longer and flexible hose, we recommend you purchase a 12 inch cord additionally. Apart from that no additional purchase will be required and you’re good to go.
K Tool also provides a 1-year warranty, so if you’re not fully satisfied with your purchase, you can get assistance! If you feel the product is not meeting your expectation, there’s no need to fret. Contact K Tool International to have your product evaluated and repaired. The process is hassle-free, and they assist to the best of their ability.
High Pressure: This grease gun packs a lot of power. The 3500 PSI it can dispense will significantly help you if you need a small yet powerful tool.
2. Mercury Quicksilver 91-74057Q5 GREASE GUN W/ 3oz GREASE TUBE 2-4-C WITH PTFE OUTBOARDS OUTDRIVES TRAILERS ALL
Mercury Marine’s Quicksilver has been supplying marine industrial equipment for over 65 years. They produce tools and devices that would last through rough and harsh environments. Users of the Quicksilver brand boast about quality and durability and pick it as their first choice when buying heavy-duty tools. The 2-4-C cartridge gun and grease tube reflect that same industrial-grade quality. This package is the best for professional applications.
This device is handy and easy to carry around. You can carry this along with you and not worry about it taking up too much space. It can fit easily in toolboxes and small storage spaces. Furthermore, this model is sufficiently robust to be used in rough conditions.
The grease is lithium-based. It will not break down when mixed with water, making it perfect for applications in marine equipment. The lithium-based lubricant being waterproof is suitable for any environment and wet weather conditions like rain and snow. It should also stand up well against humidity.
The grease gun is excellent for heavy-duty work such as on throttle and shift cables, trailer wheel bearings, etc.
It is entirely ready to use and requires no complicated setup. You can purchase it and start working with it right away. There will be no hassles of going through a tricky manual.
- A flexible tube with an integral zero coupler comes with the cartridge gun. There will be no need to buy this unit additionally if you need it.
- The device works incredibly well on boat trailers. Both the gun and the grease work well together to lubricate boat trailer wheel bearings.
3. Lumax LX-1172 Black Mini-Pistol Grip Grease Gun with 3 oz. Cartridge
Lumax is one name you will hear when looking for excellent quality grease guns of any size. Their mini grease gun boasts such qualities as well.The Lumax mini-pistol grip grease gun is a compact and lightweight option. If you’re tired of looking for a device that you can store or carry easily, this should be your pick.
This tool is quite remarkable for hard-to-reach areas. If your previous grease gun gave you trouble reaching tricky areas that needed lubricating, you’d be delighted to have this at your disposal! Not having to struggle to reach nooks and crannies will save you a lot of time and stress.
It’s ergonomic T-handle ensures a good grip. You want a tool you can operate efficiently and not lose control of, and Lumax’s model will make sure of that.
You can use this specific model for a lot of different purposes. Whether you’re working with home equipment, need it for industrial machines, or work on farm tractors, this will be ideal for any of those purposes. This tool is a true multi-purpose gem.
It is also great for heavy-duty work. Given its size, it may not seem so, but it does pack a punch. You can use this for industrial tasks, so if you need something powerful yet compact, this will be a great fit.
- Contoured Lever: This model boasts a contoured lever, which will help you apply more power with less effort. If you find flat lever handles an annoyance, you can opt for Lumax’s Black Mini-Pistol Grip Grease Gun.
- Non-Drip Seal on Hydraulic Coupler: The non-drip seal prevents leakage. Hence, you will not be losing precious lubricant due to a leak and will also not face the hassle and inconvenience of grease all over your hands and clothes.
4. Workforce Mini Grease Gun, for 3 oz. Cartridges, 12-inch Flexible Extension, 4-inch Rigid Extension – L1305
“Workforce” is a very familiar name in the automotive tools industry. They make several industrial-grade devices, grease gun couplers, grease cartridges, bulk grease, and repair tools. Their mini grease guns are as well-performing as their other products.
This model from Workforce is highly durable. It has a heavy-duty die-cast head that gives it an extended service life. The quality of the grease fittings is worth a mention. It also has a chrome finish to add a layer of durability. You will not need to waste time worrying about your tool breaking down or giving you trouble; it will work long and hard just as you do!
This small grease gun has a durable follower, spring, and rod for consistent priming. Priming a grease gun is an essential preparatory step before actual use begins and can lay the foundation for all upcoming lubrication work. These ensure a smooth priming process; this will mainly be useful to you if you are a beginner.
You will have no trouble working on hard-to-reach areas with this model. It comes with a flexible 12-inch extension and a rigid 4-inch extension, so you can easily apply lubricant to all those nooks and crannies you didn’t think you could reach before. It will even help you work on cars with tight spaces.
The grease cartridge is easy to load and unload, perfect for those who are just starting or like to do their lubrication work themselves. You can rest easy knowing you won’t have much trouble filling up the barrel next time you work with it.
- 4-Jaw Coupler: This grease gun has a high-pressure, super-grip, 4-jaw coupler that allows you to use it long-term, as well as provide superior grip. Although it is a small part of the tool, this feature allows for better control. You will likely need to purchase this part separately for other models in the market, but Workforce’s one comes with it!
5. HORUSDY Mini Pistol Grip Grease Gun, with 3 OZ. Grease & Coupler (2900 PSI)
When it comes to quality tools at low prices, you cannot go wrong with HORUSDY. Their tools are always affordable and reliable, and their Mini Pistol Grip Grease Gun is no exception.
This model from HORUSDY comes with a chrome-plated finish to provide durability and long service life. The grease fittings are high-quality. You can use it with confidence, knowing it will not simply break down after a couple of uses or mid-task. Although priced low, this device will work steadily for a long while.
This model can deliver a working pressure of 2900 PSI, which is on par with most small grease guns on the market. If you want just enough power to assist you in work, but not so much it will inconvenience you, this may be your best pick.
The lever action of the pistol grip ensures ease of use. The pistol grip also makes it easy to use with only one hand. While working on a vehicle, the last thing you want is something as simple as a grease gun, making things complicated. No such case here; you can use it one-handed. Just load the grease cartridge, aim it at the point of application, and pump away.
The barrel is thick so that you can grip it securely. Nobody wants their loaded grease gun to slip away during use, and the wide barrel makes sure you hold on to it right. Very few chances of accidents with this handy little tool!
It weighs 1.2 pounds, which makes it easy to store and carry. It will fit in your kit easily and will also give you greater control, as opposed to bulkier options.
- Easy to Load: Loading a grease gun barrel always seems to be a messy process, but that will not be the case here! HORUSDY’s version has a vented head cap and a positive lock so you can quickly load the grease cartridge.
- Multiple Nozzles: A few different nozzles come with the grease gun; this makes the grease gun versatile, meaning it can be used with any vehicle type and not just one. The nozzle quality is excellent.
Best 3 OZ Grease Gun Buying Guide:
When trying to select the best mini grease gun, you must keep a few things in mind to make sure you buy the best one for you. If you choose one at random, you may find it does not fit your purpose. We want to help you buy the best 3 oz grease gun suited to your preferences. Let us look at some factors to keep in mind.
- Portability: If you are looking to buy a small grease gun, chances are you want the ease of usage and transportation. You need to make sure the tool you are getting is of a convenient size.
- Grip: Since small tools can be challenging to handle, you need to make sure your grease gun has mechanisms and materials that ensure a good grip. If you can hold it well and not have to stress about it slipping away and making a mess, it will take a lot of stress away from the lubricating process.
- Pressure/Precision Trade-off: You cannot have high pressure and precision from the same device, so pick one and pick carefully! High-pressure devices are better for cases where you need a quick and easy application but don’t care much about the mess created. Devices with lower pressure will be better to get a precise application. You will find this helpful if you’re working on older cars, machines with lots of nooks and crannies, and equipment with hard-to-reach places.
- Materials: Grease guns made of metal are better option. These give grease guns long service lives. Plastic would be the least preferable, as it may disintegrate quickly. You want your device to last long, so choose one that has good plating and is durable. Devices made from cheaper materials may save you some money but will most likely give you twice the trouble while working with them. Also look for chrome plating that could protect your device from corrosion.
- Type: You need to make sure you get the correct type of grease gun for your essential purpose. You need to know if you’re okay with pumping manually or would prefer electric grease guns instead. Also, decide early if you want something wireless or if you’d like a cord.
- Quality: High-quality tools operate better and make life easier. Make sure you are getting a good quality grease gun from a brand that makes industrial-strength tools as well. These will likely last longer, perform better, and ensure the precision of application or high pressure, whichever you prefer! You should buy your tool from a manufacturer specializing in tools made for heavy machinery and gear for professional work.
Keep these factors in mind to find your perfect fit!
Types of Grease Guns:
We can sort grease guns into three main categories depending on the type of operation. Let us look at each type and its purpose.
- Hand Lever: These are manually operated grease guns. You use this type by hand. You fill it up and then pump. These types of grease guns are best for when precision is not required. They can build up to a high amount of pressure.
- Pneumatic: These use air pressure to pump grease. The amount of oil delivered can be controlled, but ones that dispense a fixed amount of lubricant are also available. These are best to use when too much power is not required and precision is more important.
- Battery-Powered: These are usually the most powerful and have a high capacity but can still provide precise application. These devices are wireless, which makes them more convenient to carry around and use. You can adjust the amount of grease dispensed. These are best for heavy machinery and heavy-duty lubrication work.
When buying a grease gun, make sure you buy the right type to fit your purpose best! Getting a hand lever grease gun is not recommended for heavy-duty machinery (unless specified). We would not recommend buying a pneumatic grease gun if you require high pressure on a similar note. Whether you decide on electric grease guns or manuals, make sure you are clear about your choice.
So, what is the Best 3 oz Grease Gun?
By now, you have likely found a grease gun that will fit your needs. If you need further help deciding, read on for our verdict.
LUMAX’s LX-1172 Black Mini-Pistol Grip Grease Gun will be a favorite for those looking for the best budget option. It is lightweight, precise, versatile, and has a good grip, all at an affordable price.
Beginners can pick from the Workforce Mini Grease Gun or the HORUSDY Mini Pistol Grip Grease Gun. Workforce’s model provides easy prep and prime, easy load and unload, and is durable. These make it the perfect fit for those just starting and looking to learn and get familiarized with grease guns. HORUSDY’s model is durable, lightweight, and allows for easy use and refilling. The ease of usage makes it great for a beginner looking to learn but may want to use the tool long-term.
For professionals, the Mercury Quicksilver 91-74057Q5 Grease Gun will be the best fit. This industrial-strength grease gun is small, but you can use it on machines and equipment. Any professional can do heavy-duty work with this while still having the comfort of portability.
And finally, our Editor’s Pick is the K Tool International KTI73930 Grease Gun. This one is small but mighty, delivering power while still being compact. The addition of an extended grease gun coupler as well as the warranty sweetens the deal. This grease gun would be great for penny pinchers, beginners, and professionals alike! Anyone will be comfortable using it and will greatly appreciate its quality.