Welcome to my blog sainttools. Today we will discuss very important tools. These tools are used in almost all carpentry firms. The tool is called Band Saw. If you are a DIY lover and you need a new tool for your work, you have reached the right place. The band saws cannot miss in any workshop or carpentry.
Below, we offer a complete comparative guide for you to choose among the best models of band saws under 300 in the market. Best band saw under 300 are a norm tool for cutting wood and metal.
You can also use them for other types of materials, of course. The feature of this type of tools is curved cuts and irregular shapes. It is heavy tools, essential for any professional metal or wood.
The most important of Band saw
Band saws are especially good for making curved cuts and irregular shapes. If you do not plan to make these types of cuts, you may have to choose another type of saw, such as a jigsaw or circular. Saws are dangerous tools, so always keep in mind safety warnings. Do not skip the security protocols and use all the necessary protection elements.
Ranking: Top Rated Band Saw
Next, we show you the best band saws in the market. In this section, you will discover which is the most suitable for you or your specific needs. In addition, you can also learn about their care and safety instructions.
Band Saw Comparison Table
Reviews of the Best Band Saw Under 300
1. Portable Band Saw || DEWALT 10 Amp, 5-Inch (DWM120K)
Best 10 amp engine Industry designed with controlled power to support any work site application; it has the best deep cutting capacity of 5 inches Industry per round or rectangular stock. Max Capacity (rectangular) 5 x 4-3 4 in;
Serviceable steel wrapping and rubber bumpers allow guards to withstand workplace abuse without damage It also has the LED light of the view which allows the user to see the cutting line in the dark workplace environment.
Front handle style: Multi Position Bale; Integrated hang hook allows the user to hang the saw without damaging front handle or variable speed line castings allows the user to change the speed of specific materials and various applications (100-350 SPM).
- 3 Year Limited Warranty / 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- The maintenance is easy plus durable blade
- The price is high
- It’s heavy
2. Cordless Sub-Compact Bandsaw Kit || Milwaukee 2429 21XC
MILWAUKEE 2429-21XC is the most compact and lightweight cordless band saw on the market. With less than half the weight and size compared to a traditional deep cut band saw, it provides power and portability in one hand.
This notable saw can cut through ¾ within just 3 seconds, and come with high-capacity battery. With a cutting capacity of 1-5 / 8 “x 1-5 / 8” and low vibration, it performs clean cuts in the most common small diameter metal cutting applications.
It has Double blocking lower guard that covers the blade outside the active cutting area, complying with OSHA protection requirements and making the tool suitable for one-handed use.
It equally has Variable speed trigger and LED light. Equipped with high capacity M12 ™ REDLITHIUM ™ XC battery, 30-minute charger, 18 TPI metal blade, and a hard carry case
- It’s cordless, so you can easily carry it around.
- It’s lightweight
- It doesn’t come with a battery
- Make too much noise
3. Portable Band Saw || DEWALT 20V MAX
DEWALT Lithium-ion ribbon saws DCS371B 20V MAX, Bare-Tool has a 2-1 / 2 ” cutting capacity, and the ability to cut to 2 “SCH 40 tube. The centering handle position provides superior balance and ergonomics and allows for greater precision.
This tool provides adequate Cuts and less fatigue of the user. The LED Work Light with 20 seconds delay. It has Dark work surfaces for precise cutting. This unit has an integrated hanging hook which allows users to hang the saw without damaging the front or base handle.
The special tracking adjustment of the blade increases the life of the blade by providing better tracking of the blade and the lever of change of the tool-less loosens the tension of the blade to allow it to change the blade easy.
Greater durability in the blade support system. This band saw also has an ergonomic soft grip rear grip that provides the user comfort and flexibility.
- This is a simple tool
- 3 years warranty
- It saves time and energy
- It’s cordless
- It’s It’s users friendly
- Though it gets most jobs done at 2 ½ inch cutting capacity, still not as deep compared to some other band saws out there
4. Two-Speed Band Saw || WEN 3962
With a 3.5 amp motor and a 9-3 /4-inch throat, this beast will attack the plates with cuts up to six inches deep and 9-3 / 4 inches wide. It has a Two-speed operation that allows speeds of 1520 or 2620 FPM. The design of this saw uses 72-inch blades from 1/8 to 1/2 inch in size for a variety of intricate and powerful cuts.
It has a large work table measures 14 inches by 12-1 / 2 inches and can rotate up to 45 degrees.
This package includes a flexible work light to illuminate the work table, a three-in-one powder port to fit a variety of dust extractor hoses (1-3 / 4, 2-3 / 4 and 4 inches), an indicator of a fence to create straight and miter cuts for angular cuts.
Ball bearings give good blade performance and long life for years of reliable service.
- 2 years warranty
- It’s available for purchase in three variants: 9 inches, 10 inches, and 14 inches.
- Capacity to It operates at two speeds: 1,520 and 2,620 feet per minute (FPM).
- Not easy to set up and adjust.
5. Benchtop Band Saw || WEN 3975T 4-7/8-inch x 5-inch Metal-Cutting
The WEN 5-inch metal cutting bandsaw facilitates the work of brass, aluminum, copper, steel and more. This tool has the capacity to cut pipes to the tune of 5 inches in diameter or rectangular materials up to 5 x 4-7 / 8 inches in size. The variable speed operation allows blade rotation from 125 to 260 feet per minute to help ensure perfect cutting in a variety of sizes and materials.
The compact design makes transport and storage simple, giving you access to a powerful and robust machine both in the workplace and at home. The onboard screw provides a firm grip on your workpiece. Combine this with the bevelling knife to create angled cuts from 0 to 60 degrees. Make 45-degree cuts to 3-1 / 8 in.
For square material. The ball-bearing blade guides provide long life and reliable operation, while blade tension and onboard tilt levers make adjustments and adjustments between jobs easier. The WEN 5-inch metal cutting table saw also has a pre-installed 56-1 / 2 “x 1/2” pallet. And a 4.5 amp motor.
Adjust blade speed from 125 to 260 feet per minute for compatibility with a variety of metals. The chamfer blade helps create cuts from 0 to 60 degrees. It Cut tubes up to 5 in. Its compact design facilitates storage and transport.
- It’s affordable
- Easy to use
- It doesn’t have an adjustment to tune the blade angle for the precise and square cut.
6. Benchtop Band Saw || WEN 3959 2.5-Amp 9-Inch
The design of this saw uses 59 – 1/2 blades anywhere from 1/8 to 1 3/8 in width for both intricate and powerful cuts. Wide measures of the work table in the 12 – 1/4 x 11 – 7/8 to those in size and can be up to 45 ° beveled. This package includes a miter port, a 2 – 1/2 plate dust, a fence to create straight cuts, and an adjustable blade guard.
Bearings give the blade smooth operation and long-lasting life for years of reliable service. And because it’s a product Wen, your Wen 9 in can be trusted.
Do you remember when you had a saw that was both compact and powerful? Wen 9 is an accurate choice. It has a benchtop band saw board attacks with cuts up to 3 – 1 1/2 inch deep and 9 cm wide. The 2.5 Amp motor rotates including 1/4 blade at up to 2500 feet per minute.
- Easy to set up
- It delivers very quality work
- Not easy to adjust.
- Not a good option for beginners.
What is a Bandsaw?
The band saw or bandsaw is a pedal or electric saw. It has a metal toothed strip, long, narrow and flexible. This strip moves on two wheels that are in the same vertical plane with a space between them. This toothed belt is the one that makes the cuts. The pedal usually regulates the speed of the cut.
Band saws are used to cut metal and wood. They are very useful for making irregular cuts. Band saws are specially designed to give curved shapes to materials. For the metal, a type of special saws is used, since they need to supply refrigerate to avoid the overheat.
How does Band saw work?
The band saws cut by means of a sharp and toothed metal blade. The most modern use metal alloys of long duration and resistance. The saw is mounted on two or three wheels, which rotate at high speed thanks to the engine.
They are used to carry out precision cuts in industrial production and carpentry.
Why is a Band saw better than a circular one?
There are other types of electric saws with functions similar to tape. For example, circular or disk saws. However, most professionals prefer to use band saws to cut wood. They also prefer them for “soft” metals such as aluminum. Let’s see why:
Cutting power: Band saws cut pieces of a thickness greater than normal circular saws.
Versatility: With the tape, you can saw curved parts with patterns in a simple way.
Low sound level: Unlike circular saws, tape saws are relatively quiet. This is an important factor when you work in a workshop or environment as a lot of noise.
Ecology: Band saws reduce waste wood. The leaves are narrow, so the cut is finer and less sawdust is generated.
Saving: Band saws are cheaper than disk saws.
Space: They are more compact. They occupy a smaller surface and some models can be moved.
Safety: The downward thrust of the blade makes it difficult to throw the piece towards the user.
Care bandsaw: The care of the band saws is essential for its proper functioning.
How do I take care of my Bandsaw?
Like any power tool, band saws require some care. With use, both the motor and saw blades wear out. If you want your tool to have a useful life as long as possible, you should take into account certain basic care.
Here we will describe some of them:
- If we cut metal, we must make sure that the blade of the saw is always lubricated. The coolant will prevent the sheet from overheating and splitting. It is important to continuously lubricate the blade so it does not get hot.
- When we finish working with the saw it is convenient to make sure that it is disconnected.
- Before changing the blade of the saw, clean the area well. Remove all shavings and sawdust and clean the area with care. If the blade does not mate well because of dirt, it may split during work.
- If you just use the tool, wait at least three minutes before cutting again. Allow the sheet to cool before using it again.
Did you know that band saws are used to carry out precision cuts in industrial production and carpentry?
- Always use suitable saw blades for your tool. Using foreign leaves could cause it to not be properly secured. This can cause serious accidents.
- When changing the blade of the saw, remember to position the teeth of the saw correctly. If we put the sheet backward, we can cause accidents.
- Keep the cutting surface clean. After each cut, remove the chip and sawdust. This is done using blowers or compressed air guns.
- Keep the moving parts greased. Both the table and the head have pieces that allow changing the inclination of the saw. It is important that they are clean and greased to achieve maximum precision in the cut.
What types of Bandsaw are there?
We can find two types of band saw, which are differentiated by the support system. Thus, on the one hand, we find the so-called soil saws, which are larger, directly supported on the ground. These are fixed in space, because its transport is complicated, due to its enormous weight. They are usually professional tools.
The other type of band saws is table calls. These saws should rest on a flat surface. They are much smaller and lighter, in addition to being portable. They have a smaller fixation, but they are more versatile since you can move them and remove them from the workshop. They are also less powerful than soil ones.
What measures must be followed to avoid accidents when using the best band saw under 300?
- As always, you should respect the basic protection rules applicable to any job and any power tool. A saw is a dangerous tool, so let’s look at some specific safety rules for the use of band saws:
- Never accompany the piece in line with the tape with your hand. To push or guide the small pieces, help with a wooden strip.
- Fix the upper guides and keep them as close as possible to the piece. Do not push back the thick pieces of wood while you are cutting them. The tape can move or get out of the ruffles.
- If the tape comes off the steering wheels or breaks, move away from the machine immediately and disconnect it. The saw, when it breaks, will explode and throw shards of sharp metal.
- Never open the doors of the motor flywheels while the machine is running.
- Do not maximize the life of the saw blades. Replace them as soon as they start to get dull.
- Use gloves whenever you work with the machine. Also use them to manipulate, roll or unroll the bandsaw blade.
- Use safety glasses. Not only to prevent sawdust from falling on your eyes but also to protect you from an accident.
Purchase Guide: Things to consider before buying band saws
To choose the best band saw it is important to follow some criteria that facilitate your purchase. There are many models of band saws in the market, so you should know all its characteristics before choosing a product. It is important that you understand how these tools work and what they are before you buy one.
In this section, we show you what aspects to take into account before deciding. Thus, you can count on a small guide to adjust quality and price. The elements in which you should look and which we develop next are the following:
Depth of the piece and cutting width
The most basic belt saws models can cut into woods up to 15 cm thick. The industrial models and the standing band saws can get to cut in woods of up to 30 cm. In cutting saws for metal, the same thing happens. This is an important characteristic because it will define the materials with which we will work.
The width of the cut is the distance between the tape and the closest vertical element. This element is usually the protectors. This distance will determine the maximum cutting width. Usually, a range of medium-low range can cut widths of up to 35 cm. Professional models have a wider width.
Speed refers to the meters (or feet) that the tape travels in a minute. It is represented by the acronym “m / min”. This speed varies widely from one model to another. As an approximation, say that the cutting speed of most basic models varies between 200 m / min and 1500 m / min.
The best quality band saws have options to vary the speed. These options are ideal to adapt the cut to the materials. Increasing or reducing the speed according to the strength of the material, more precise cuts are obtained. It is recommended to work with the highest speed, provided that the saw does not the workforce.
The band saws have two or three wheels that are responsible for spinning the tape. In models with two flyers, one is always located in the vertical of the other. The lower steering wheel is the one that is attached to the engine and makes it work. In these saws, the cutting width cannot be greater than the diameter of the flywheels.
To be able to make cuts in pieces of greater width, it would be necessary a saw with three wheels. Although in these saws the tape runs more forced and tends to break more easily. It is interesting that the Flyers have a self-cleaning system. A brush, for example, that prevents the accumulation of sawdust in the system.
Table and Guides sheet
The tables are usually made of sheet metal, cast iron, steel or aluminum. The aluminum ones are usually better calibrated and balanced, although they are weaker. The cutting tables should incorporate grooves to improve the removal of sawdust and chips. They must also tilt in a controlled manner up to 45 ° to make bevels or miter.
At the thrust of the cut, the tape tends to get out of the ruffles. This is avoided by means of bearings or guides that are placed on both sides of the cutting tape. Flywheels that rotate on sealed bearings are less prone to blockages or failures. Guides are also used on the table, to adjust the cutting width of the piece.
Switches and brake
For safety, the start and interruption of the rotation of the belt must be assured and automatic. It is convenient that the tape stops automatically when opening the access doors to the steering wheels. In certain jobs, such as workshops, it may be necessary for the saw to need a key to operate.
Where to Buy Band Saws? If you ask me, I suggest buying online best band saw under 300, the best place to do it without any doubt is Amazon, below I leave my reasons for it:
- You will find hundreds of models available since Amazon is the largest online store in the world.
- You can use the experiences of other users to make your purchase and answer any questions you may have.
- They have excellent user service.
- They have the best prices and offers, if you are looking for equipment at low prices or on offer, Amazon is the right place