Best Circular Saw for Beginners Home Use– In-Depth Reviews 2021
A circular saw is a versatile power tool which can be used in projects like framing of a house, plywood, and sheet or cross-cutting a wide wood. If you are buying your first circular saw and don’t know where to start, don’t be worried because we are going to help you pick the best circular saw for beginners. We have reviewed 10 great models that will suit your budget as well as provide excellent performance.
These circular saw reviews are focused on the capability and efficiency of the motor, blade and the whole power tool altogether to help beginners save both money and time. Which one to choose depends on one’s project and usability. We have compiled detailed reviews and buying guide to help you select a decent circular saw available in the current market.
Comparisons Table Of Best Circular Saw for Beginners Home Use
1. Makita 5377MG 7-1/4" Magnesium Hypoid Saw
2. DEWALT FLEXVOLT 60V MAX Circular Saw for Framing
3. DEWALT 6-1/2-Inch 20V Max Circular Saw
4. SKILSAW Southpaw SPT67M8 Circular Saw
5. MILWAUKEE'S M18 2630 Cordless Circular Saw
6. Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 6-1/2" Circular Saw
7. Metabo HPT Cordless Circular Saw
8. BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Laser
9. Genesis GCS445SE 4.0 Amp 4-1/2" Compact Circular Saw
What is a Circular saw?
Circular saws are made of different sizes, heights, and materials. These incredible tools feature a guard that protects you while cutting through wood, plastic, metal or any other material.
The one for cutting wood is not the same as those for cutting metal. The tool is also used for making straight cuts through these materials. Circular saw makes straight and decent cuts more than a table saw can cut through. The blades are categorized by sizes and the diameter they can cover when cutting through a material.
The one that can cut through a material that is more than three inches is the best. The best circular saw for beginners is considered the one which is easy to use.
Best Circular Saw for Beginners Reviews
Not all circular saws are suitable for beginners. We have made your work easier by sorting out the most recommended circular saws for beginners. The following are some of the circular saws that are best for a beginner in the market today.
1. Makita Magnesium Circular Saw - 5377MG 7-1/4"
- Magnesium components create a lightweight saw (13.2 lbs.) that is well balanced and job site tough
- Oil bath technology is created with a built-in fan and sealed gear housing to ensure 100% oil surface coating for less maintenance
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/8″ at 90°) with positive stops at 22.5°, 45° and 51.5°
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/8″ at 90°) with positive stops at 22.5°, 45° and 51.5°
- Makita 5377MG 7-1/4″ Magnesium Hypoid Saw
- Large bevel capacity with positive stops at 22.5 degrees, 45 degrees, and 51.5 degrees.
- Oil-bath technology is created with a built-in fan and sealed-gear housing to ensure 100% oil surface coating
- High quality, heat treated hypoid steel gears do not prematurely wear like traditional bronze-alloy worm drive gears
- Reinforced power cord withstands jobsite abuse
- 1-year warranty
If you want to acquire an incredible circular saw without spending too much money, this is the one for you from Makita. The Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw is equipped with a powerful 15 AMP motor. It is quite capable of delivering the required power to handle any cutting tasks effectively.
The Makita 5377MG incorporates a compressed winding technology when cutting through the material. The saw is made of magnesium components that make it lightweight and well balanced when in operation.
The heat-treated hypoid steel gears make it the most durable and strong as it does not wear off easily like other saws. This tool features a fan that has oil bath technology to make it cool ensuring maximum performance by the saw.
This saw from Makita is efficient when working and safe as it has a protective guard and a handle that is made of rubber to add on the grip when using as one of its safety features. It has a large surface making it easy to cut through a large material. The Makita 5377MG Saw is one of the best circular saws for beginners that are in the current market with a very affordable price tag.
- 4500 rpm motor is efficient enough to cut through any material
- The Rubber gripped handlebar is equipped with a protective guard for the safety of the user.
- Incorporates high-quality heat-treated steel gears for maximum durability.
- Oil-bath technology ensures less hassle in maintenance.
- Magnesium build material makes it lightweight and easily balanced on the edges for higher precision.
- Inclusion of an electric brake could make this the perfect circular saw for any user.
2. Dewalt 60v Circular Saw - DCS577B Flexvolt 60V Max 7-1/4”
- DEWALT 7 1/4 circular saw is designed with blade oriented to the left of the motor and the handle positioned at the rear of the saw for easy line of sight
- The cordless circular saw has an electronic brake that helps stops the blade after the trigger is released
- The compact circular saw has the bevel capacity of 53-degree with stops at 45 degree and 22.5 degree
- Durable, high-grade magnesium shoe and an efficient brushless motor for smooth, accurate cuts and long runtime
- Achieves 2-7/16-inch depth of cut at 90 degree
- Includes a rafter hook that allows users to hang their tool for convenience
- An integrated dust blower allows the user to clear its line of sight while cutting
- Onboard blade wrench storage for convenience when changing blades
- The 60V MAX* 7-1/4-inch Cordless Worm Drive Style Saw comes Tool Connect Tag-Ready with pre-drilled holes for attaching a Tool Connect Tag (Tag sold separately)
If you need a circular saw that can tackle even the most demanding tasks yet cordless, this model from Dewalt is the one for you!
The DEWALT DCS577B Flexvolt 60V Max 7-1/4” Framing Saw is a high quality worm drive style saw that cuts through materials very smoothly. The circular saw is made of magnesium, a material that makes it very handy providing better balance. The electric motor and brushes help the saw to smoothly cut through a material.
The saw has a higher 5800 rpm, enough to help you handle different kinds of tasks with higher precision. This framing saw is cordless powered by 60 volts lithium ion battery. The circular saw has an electronic brake that helps to stop the blade when using for safety measures.
The bevel capacity of this power tool is one of its mentionable features as it has the 53-degree bevel capacity with stops at 45 and 22.5 degrees. Bevel stops mainly allow a circular saw to make adjustments for perfect bevel cuts with the help of beam laser guides.
It is designed with a dust blower which allows the user to see the line market to cut material through.
You can do your work conveniently without worrying about accidents taking place. The circular saw has a safety protective guard covering the blade and saw of material to ensure a safe operation all the time.
It also has long-life batteries that are rechargeable making it efficient to work in areas with no power. The batteries are of high voltage producing high power.
- 5800 rpm is undoubtedly one of the fastest out there in this range.
- Integrated electronic brake that helps to ensure greater safety.
- Has an built-in dust blower help the user to see through the line mark of the material.
- Great portability due to being cordless
- Rechargeable batteries that are long life making useful in areas with no power.
- Made of a high-quality material that is durable and strong.
- Light as it is made of magnesium making it easy to balance at the edges of the material.
- 3 years warranty
- Due to the extra weight of batteries, the saw gets a bit heavier.
- Charger not included
3. Dewalt 20v Max Circular Saw - 6-1/2-Inch Yellow
- 5150 RPM motor of DEWALT circular saw delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe of the corded circular saw provides jobsite durability for long-term cut accuracy
- Optimized rubber overmolded comfort grip of the compact circular saw delivers optimal balance and control
- 0-50 degree bevel capacity allows for aggressive bevel cuts for a multitude of applications
- 6-1/2-inch carbide-tipped blade for cutting 2 times material at 90 degree and 45 degree and more cuts per charge
Are you looking for a lightweight, well balanced and easy to use circular saw for you home projects? The Dewalt DCS931B is the one for you.
Compared to the above model from Dewalt, this one is lighter and has a slightly lower speed of 5150 rpm. Even though the rpm is a bit lower but this should help in maintaining higher precision while working.
The DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw is battery-powered cordless circular saw with a motor that delivers enough speed and power to cut through any hard material. The carbide-tipped blades of this circular saw has a diameter of 6.5″ and made of steel making it strong and durable.
The decent bevel capacity of 50 degrees should be adequate for your day to day tasks.
The handle is made of rubber that provides comfort and firm grip while holding it. This cordless tool is designed keeping the needs of a beginner in mind.
The DEWALT Circular Saw blade can cut 2 times material at 45 degrees and 90 degrees. As the circular saw is cordless buying a 5.00 amp/hour battery should last you enough time for bigger projects . However, you need to buy the charger and the battery separately.
- Perfect for beginners and day to day home projects
- Instantaneous blade brake is an excellent addition to this circular saw.
- Being cordless saves you a lifetime hassle of broken cords, displaced cords and many more.
- Quite handy and easy maneuvering due to being lightweight at only 7lbs.
- The used 6.5 inches blades are significantly cheaper than 7.25 inches blades.
- No charger included
- For long working hours without changing the batteries, you need to buy a higher powered batteries of at least 5.00 amp hour.
4. Skilsaw 7 1/4 Circular Saw - Sidewinder Circular Saw
- Left blade sidewinder improves blade and cut line accuracy and visibility
- All-magnesium construction reduces user fatigue and adds durability
- Powerful Dual-Field motor increases cooling and extends tool life
- Best-in-class torque improves productivity and increases speed of cut
- Motor Housing Material: Resin
The SKILSAW SOUTHPAW circular saw is corded and is specifically made for people who are looking for visibility and accuracy. The blade is placed at the left hand to cut through material smoothly with great accuracy for the lefties out there.
This circular saw Skilsaw is made of magnesium which is strong and durable. Additionally, magnesium is light and that makes it balanced at the edges of the material being cut through. For the efficiency and effectiveness, the Skilsaw Southpaw is fitted with a double motor to increase the cooling and extend the durability of the saw.
On top of that, the powerful motor provides more speed which increases your productivity. Heavy tasks need endless power supply. Corded saws has no alternative when it comes to juicing up the motor for long periods sufficiently.
This is one of the best circulars saw for left handed people among power tools in the market.
- Left-handed people can easily rely on this one.
- Extremely powerful with a great rpm.
- Durable and strong as the material used to make the blade rust free and strong.
- Safe to use has it has a protective guard and it handle offers extra grip and comfort.
- Easy to use and operate as it does not require skilled personnel.
- The saw has no dust blower and it produces a lot of dust when cutting material.
- For beginners the absence safety switch can be a issue till getting used to it.
5. Cordless Circular Saw - Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt
Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium circular saw is cordless, battery-powered. The circular saw is one of the strongest and durable in the current market.
It features a powerful motor that can provide up to 3,500 rpm which is decent enough for tougher cuts. The circular saw has an electronic brake that quickly stops the blade when finished cutting material as a safety measure.
It has up to 45 degree bevel adjustment capability and depth adjustment up to 1 1/2″. The circular saw is guarded by a protective magnesium guard on top and plastic guard below.
The blade starts automatically again when the circular saw is put on. This circular saw features a soft grip handle that provides comfortability when using it. The saw is made of magnesium making it very light to balance at the edge of the material being cut through.
The Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium circular saw is compatible with any Milwaukee and has batteries that are long life and rechargeable for use at the areas that have no power.
- The handle is soft and has grip giving comfort to the user.
- Easy to use and operate.
- Safe to use as it has an electric brake.
- It is durable
- The lower guard is made of plastic to cut
6. Hitachi Cordless Circular Saw - C18DGLP4 18V
If you want to enjoy cordless convenience, get the Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 6-1/2″ Circular Saw. The tool is electric powered and has no batteries to act as a backup when operating in an area with no power.
The tool is one of the most effective circular saws in the market currently that will give you the best cut