A circular saw is a tool that is used in many workshops. This tool is versatile making it applicable in different situations. It has many uses that include framing of a house, plywood, and sheet or cross-cutting a wide wood. The tool is powered by electricity with a handle that a switch to turn it on and off.
If you are buying your first circular saw and don’t know where to start, don’t be worried because we are going to help you pick the best circular saw for beginners. We have reviewed great tools that will suit your budget as well as provide excellent performance.
These incredible tools feature a guard that protects you while cutting through wood, plastic, metal or any other material. In addition, circular saws are made of different sizes, heights, and material depending on the material purposed to cut.
The one for cutting wood is not the same as those for cutting metal. The tool is also used for making straight cuts through these materials. Circular saw makes straight and decent cuts more than a table saw can cut through. The blades are categorized by sizes and the diameter they can cover when cutting through a material.
The one that can cut through a material that is more than three inches is the best. The best circular saw for beginners to consider are the one which is easy to use. We have compiled detailed reviews and buying to help you select a decent circular saw on the market today.
Best Circular Saw for Beginners Reviews
Since there are so many circular saws, not all models are suitable for beginners. We have made your work easier by sorting out the most recommended circular saws for beginners. The following are some of the circular saws that are best for a beginner in the market today.
1. Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw
If you want to acquire an incredible circular saw without spending too much money, you can get this tool. The Makita 5377MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw is electric powered with powerful power of 15.0 AMP which delivers the required power to handle cutting tasks effectively.
The tool also utilizes a compressed winding technology when cutting through the material. The saw is made of magnesium components that make it light to use and well balanced when operation using it.
The circular saw is of high quality and its saw gears are made of steel making it durable and strong as it does not wear easily as other saws. This tool features a fan that has oil bath technology to make it cool ensuring maximum performance by the saw.
The saw is efficient when working and safe as it has a protective guard and a handle that is made of rubber to add on the grip when using. It has a large surface making it easy to cut through a large material. The Makita 5377MG Saw is one of the best circular saws for beginners that are in the current market and its price is affordable.
- Electric powered making it fast and efficient when cutting through the material.
- Has a handle that has a grip and protective guard for the safety of the user.
- Effective as it uses a compressed winding technology to cut material through easily.
- Durable as it is made of steel and magnesium.
- Light to use as it is made of magnesium making it be easily balanced on the edges.
- The circular saw is only used in cutting through wood mostly.
2. DEWALT DCS577B Flexvolt 60V Max 7-1/4” Framing Saw (Tool Only)
The DEWALT DCS577B Flexvolt 60V Max 7-1/4” Framing Saw is a high quality saw that cuts materials through very smoothly. The circular saw is made of magnesium material that makes it very light to used and balances at the edges of materials. The electric motor and brushes help the saw to smoothly cut through a material.
The motor of the tool is powerful enough to help you handle different kinds of tasks with accuracy and precision. This framing saw is electric powered and very affordable to suit beginners. The circular saw has an electronic brake that helps to stop the blade when using for safety measures.
You can do your work conveniently without worrying about accidents taking place. It is designed with a dust blower which allows the user to see the line market to cut material through. The circular saw has a safety protective guard covering the blade and saw of material to ensure a safe operation all the time.
It also has long-life batteries that are rechargeable making it efficient to work in areas with no power. The batteries are of high voltage producing high power.
- An electronic brake that helps to stop the blade after using.
- Has an integrated dust blower help the user to see through the line mark of the material.
- Rechargeable batteries that are long life making useful in areas with no power.
- Made of a high-quality material that is durable and strong.
- Light as it is made of magnesium making it easy to balance at the edges of the material.
- The circular saw cannot be used in wet and oily material.
3. DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw
When it comes to power tools, Dewalt is one of the most trusted brands on the market. If you need a circular saw that can tackle even the most demanding tasks, this model will give you the desired outcome.
The DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Circular Saw is electric powered with a motor that delivers speed and power which is mostly demanded to cut through the material. The blades of this circular saw are made of steel making it strong and durable.
The material is made with a material that can tolerate heat temperature up to 50 degrees making it aggressive for a multitude of cutting platforms such as metal which heat up when cutting through.
The handle is made of rubber that provides comfort and grip when holding it and cutting material though. You can achieve a comfortable use with this cordless tool that is designed with the needs of a beginner in mind.
The DEWALT Circular Saw blade is big enough to cut material twice big than standard material. The circular saw has batteries that are long life and rechargeable making it efficient to use in area with no electric power. However, you need to buy the charger and the battery separately.
- Made of rubber which offers comfort and crip when cutting through.
- The blade a bigger to cut material twice bigger than the standard ones.
- The circular saw is made of a material that can tolerate the heat temperature of up to 50 degrees.
- Light to balance at the edges of materials cutting through.
- Batteries that are long life and rechargeable make it efficient in areas that have no power.
- The circular saw blade keeps on bending on hard surfaces.
4. SKILSAW SOUTHPAW SPT67M8-01 15 Amp 7-1/4 In. Magnesium Left Blade Sidewinder Circular Saw
The SKILSAW SOUTHPAW circular saw is an electronic powered and is specifically made for people who are looking for visibility and accuracy. The blade is placed at the left hand to cut through material smoothly with great accuracy.
This circular saw is made of magnesium which is strong and durable. Additionally, magnesium is light and that makes it balanced at the edges of the material being cut through. For the efficiency and effectiveness, the circular saw is fitted with a double motor to increase the cooling and extend the durability of the saw.
On top of that, the powerful motor provides more speed which increases your productivity. The SKILSAW SOUTHPAW circular saw has batteries powered when there is no power or when working on an area that has no power. The batteries are long life and rechargeable.
The circular saw has a guard cover that protects the blade and saw from the human hand when in operation. The circular saw handle is made of rubber to improve its grip and comfort of the user. The circular saw is one of the best circulars saw in the market and fast when cutting through the material.
- Durable and strong as the material used to make it is rust free and strong.
- Safe to use has it has a protective guard and it handle offers extra grip and comfort.
- Light and easily balanced at the edge of the material being cut through.
- Specifically made for the left-handed.
- Easy to use and operate as it does not require skilled personnel.
- The circular saw can only be used by left-handed people only.
- The saw has no dust blower and it produces a lot of dust when cutting material.
5. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium-Ion 6-1/2″ 3,500 RPM Cordless Circular Saw
Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium circular saw is electric powered and is made of magnesium. The circular saw is one of the strongest and durable in the current market. The circular saw is guarded by a protective magnesium guard that makes it very safe to operate with.
The best thing about this circular saw is that it features a powerful motor that can provide up to 3,500 rpm making it suitable for tougher tasks. The circular saw has an electronic brake that quickly stops the blade when finished cutting material as a safety measure.
The blade starts automatically again when the circular saw is put on. This circular saw has a soft grip handle that provides comfortability when using it. The saw is made of magnesium making it very light to balance at the edge of the material being cut through.
Its grip has an adjustable bevel that can get into different levels allowing a large degree of versatility. The Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18 Volt Lithium circular saw is compatible with any Milwaukee and has batteries that are long life and rechargeable for use at the areas that have no power.
- Has batteries that are long life and rechargeable making it effective in areas that have no power.
- The handle is soft and has grip giving comfort to the user.
- Easy to use and operate.
- Safe to use as it has an electric brake and protective blade guard.
- It is durable
- The circular saw only cut through dry material.
6. Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 6-1/2″ Circular Saw
If you want to enjoy cordless convenience, get the Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V Cordless Lithium-Ion 6-1/2″ Circular Saw. The tool is electric powered and has no batteries to act as a backup when operating in an area with no power.
The tool is one of the most effective circular saws in the market currently that will give you the best cutting performance that you need. As a beginner, you need a quality circular saw that is easy to use. This is exactly what you get from this unit because it is easy to use.
On top of that, it is designed with an electric brake to offer you a safe operation when you are handling different tasks. The Hitachi Saw has a soft handle with an advanced grip to improve less fatigue and comfort.
It has an electric brake to stop blade immediately after use for safety measures. The level of the tool is adjustable and to a different degree of cut and increasing versatility. The circular saw has a built-in spotlight to improve its visibility and cutting accuracy. The circular saw is light and easy to balance at the edges of the material.
- Light and easy to balance at the edges of the material.
- Adjustable and to a different degree of cut and increasing versatility.
- Has a soft handle with an advanced grip to improve less fatigue and comfort.
- Has an electric brake to stop blade immediately after use for safety measures.
- Easy to use and operate as it comes with a manual.
- The circular saw has no batteries to act as a backup in areas with no power.
Things to Consider When Buying a Circular Saw
When you are buying a different tool, you need to think about a few important things. It doesn’t matter if you are buying a table saw stand, a hybrid table under 100 or any other tool for your workshop.
The same case, you should consider important factors when you are shopping for the best circular saw for beginners. Keep the following important tips in mind.
We hope you enjoyed our article if so, please read our others related content.